Take a photo of your View of Yeovil for the Story of Yeovil project and be in with a chance of having your photo selected for the View of Yeovil exhibitions in May.
Yeovil Art Space is looking for modern photographs, creative, imaginative and inspiring pictures which share your View of Yeovil, and can be shown in this multi-site public event as part of Story of Yeovil. Winning images will be displayed in the View of Yeovil Photography exhibition (31 May until 8 July) in our gallery space in the town centre.
Inspired by the South Somerset Heritage Collection which has over 6000 photographs reflecting the heritage of Yeovil, this open call will help to create a new archive of photographs made in and about Yeovil.
There are a few ways to interpret the brief: View of Yeovil.
- You can submit photographs of views in and around Yeovil: residential, rural, the high street, or favourite recreational locations such as Ninesprings at Yeovil Country Park.
- We would like to see your view of Yeovil, where you live and work: home interiors, your workplace or your educational setting.
- The view doesn’t have to be a perfect postcard shot but gives an essence of what Yeovil means to you.
- Your photograph could communicate your ‘view’, feelings or opinion on an area.
- Your images could reimagine views from the South Somerset Heritage Collection photography archive.
- We are interested in seeing photographs representing different cultures, communities, beliefs and backgrounds.
How to take part
The deadline for entries is 15 April.
It is Free to enter and welcome to all.
Sharing your photos using on the following ways:
- Share on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag #ViewOfYeovil and tag @yeovilartspace.
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
- Free to enter.
- How to enter – Using the #ViewOfYeovil on Instagram or Facebook. By using this hashtag you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Open to both amateur and professional photographers.
- Unlimited amount of times to enter.
- Photographers retain the copyright to their images.
- Privacy: try to avoid identifying where you live. For example photographs including the front of your home.
- If submitting work on behalf of children, the parent or guardian is responsible for the content of the images, and by submitting a photograph has consented to these terms and conditions.
- Winning images will be selected by the Yeovil Art Space team to be exhibited in the View of Yeovil Photography exhibition. May 2023 at Yeovil Art Space.
- Yeovil Art Space will print all of the winning photographs. If your image is selected you will be contacted to provide a high resolution version of your submission.
- Yeovil Art Space will produce a ‘View of Yeovil’ postcard collection. Selected photographers who submit entries to this competition will be approached to ask permission for their images to be on one of the cards.